Monday, January 17, 2011

love sign

 I love Valentines Day, and I've been having a great time thinking of Valentines day crafts. What's great about this craft is that it's so simple & cheap to make. This is an excellent nap time craft and it can be made using the supplies that you have on hand too (except for maybe the wooden plaque).

What you need:
wooden plaque (check your dollar store)
piece of patterned paper
piece of solid colour cardstock
white paint (it could be painted to match the patterned paper)
mod podge

paintbrush
ribbon
Cricut cutter (or utility knife)
I placed a piece of white computer paper on top of my plaque and used a crayon to etch out the shape of the oval. I cut out the oval and then traced it on to the patterned paper, and then cut that oval out.

 I painted the edges of the plaque white. I used my cricut cutter to cut out the word love. You could of course cut out the letters with a utility knife if you don't have a cricut (or something similar). Then I painted a coat of Mod Podge on the plaque and carefully placed on my paper, squeezing out all of the air bubbles. I then coated the paper with a coat of Mod Podge and placed on the word love. I sealed it all with one last coat to finish it off. Once it was dry, I added a ribbon so that I could hang it up.

Linking up with It's Fun to Craft, Fingerprints on the Fridge,   I heart naptime & Support Blog for Moms of BOYS & C.R.A.F.T. & Making the World Cuter
giveaways

8 comments:

  1. SO cute and so simple! My list of valentine crafts that I want to do just keeps growing! Thanks for sharing - happy to be your newest follower :-)

    www.addingtonmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very simple, but adorable! I love it. Saw you on MBYM! Stop by when you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and simple :) come on over and link up to MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderfully simple and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah ArenburgJanuary 17, 2011

    So pretty! And simple enough that even I might be able to pull this off! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really cute! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! You have the cutest craft ideas ever. I really need a cricut, but my husband doesn't think I need anymore crafty stuff. It kind of takes over my house - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ca-ute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...