Wednesday, January 11, 2012

bee mine Valentine

Looking for a quick and simple Valentine this year? How about these bumblebee, be (or bee!) mine Valentines. Want the how to? Keep on reading...
I used some tags that I had leftover from my thumbprint snowmen tags that I made for Christmas. I think these would look great on standard office supply tags too. I mixed some yellow paint, with just a touch of orange paint, just to make the yellow a bit darker. Claire went to town stamping her thumbprints on the tags. After Claire was in bed that night, I used a red pen to draw on the heart at the top of the tags. I also wrote be mine. Claire just started writing her letters so she probably would have taken up this whole tag to write those words!

When Claire woke up the next morning she was anxious to finish drawing the bumblebees. She drew on their strips and faces. Together, we drew on the wings. I attached some twine to the tags and we were done!

Pass out these sweet Valentines this year!

9 comments:

  1. That is TOO CUTE! I love me some fingerprint/handprint/footprint crafts to do with the little man! Thanks for sharing! Would you pretty pretty please consider sharing here at my party?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/shine-on-fridays-10-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from tt&j. Aww.. thumbprint art melts my heart! So stinking cute :) Im going to have to do this for my little ones!

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party if you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from tt&j. Love these! Just pinned them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! I host a Monday link party and would love for you to join me with this sweet craft at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-11-link-up.html

    Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are precious! I love how your daughter made them. Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks.
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I LOVE these!! They are so precious. You really have a way with thumbprints! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I asked you to link up.. but I wanted to let you know I truly appreciate that you shared your awesome link! Thank you thank you! Hope to see ya there this Friday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmigosh those ARE sweet and lovely! Could you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find the red/white, yellow/white, purple/white thread? I'm trying to make the love bug valentines, and it's driving me crazy that I can't find any of that thread!!!

    kblaidlaw at charter.net

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...