Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Valentine cookies


After seeing these cookies all over Pinterest, I decided to make some myself. They were so easy to make, and I didn't have any problem getting rid of leftover cookies either :)

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies 

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg

That's it! Pre heat oven to 325°F. Mix all ingredients until blended. Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. I used a glass to flatten the cookies, so they'd be nice and smooth for the hearts. You could use a fork to flatten them too. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. (I'm pretty sure I baked mine for more like 15 mins.) 

While cookies are baking, unwrap chocolate hearts. I used Comet brand ones, because that's all I could find here. 

Transfer to cooling racks as soon as you take the cookies out. Then quickly and gently press a heart onto each cookie. After just a few minutes the chocolate heart will have melted enough that you can press it down a little further.

These cookies would be the perfect accompaniment with a sweet little Valentine.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I'm glad I was able to give you some ideas! For a construction theme, have you seen the cake where they just kind of dump a chocolate cake and frosting into the back of a toy dump truck? (I found a link! http://pinterest.com/pin/106045766195272158/) Talk about easy! Just a thought. :) Good luck with your party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! What a lovely treat! I host a Monday link party called Make-It-Yourself Monday and would LOVE for you to come and link up with me. Each week, three submissions from the previous week are featured! Visit me at: http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/02/make-it-yourself-monday-15-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these cookies on Pinterest too and am planning on making them with my little boys today! So pretty...

    Stopping by from Skip to My Lou's linky party!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...