Friday, November 23, 2012

handprint wreath

I still love doing handprint crafts, but now that Simon's 2 1/2, they're increasingly harder to do with him. He's a very independent two year old, who always knows just what to do, even without instruction. Read- he doesn't want any help. From anyone. Ever. I was so happy when he let me help him place his hand on the paper, not 1, not 2, but seven times! He did a great job using his thumb to make a few red berries the next day (once all the green paint was dry. I did not want to risk messing up all of those beautiful handprints.)

I knew that I wanted to add a bow to the wreath to finish it off. I tried drawing one myself, but that was a huge fail. I thought that a ribbon bow would look too small on such a large wreath (and I didn't want to buy ribbon just for this project.) Imagine my delight when I saw that Ellinee had pinned a link to their paper bows. I love the red chevron ones that they have posted, but my printer is running low on ink, so I printed the template and then cut out the bow using some patterned paper that I had on hand. The 3D bow was the perfect finishing touch for this handprint wreath.

3 comments:

  1. I love this wreath...going to try something similar with my twins! I'm going to feature this activity on my Kid's Co-Op post this week...thanks for linking up! (Mummy musings and Mayhem)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! New follower from Kids Co-Op. Hope you will hop over and visit me too!
    www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good kids craft!!! Love the wreath and I wanted to tell you to link it up next week for the Christmas wreath challenge on The CSI Project. The link up starts Wednesday.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...